Paradigm Shift: Reengineering Your Workforce for the COVID-19 Era and Beyond
The COVID-19 pandemic has forever changed the way that service and manufacturing businesses operate. To ensure their survival, industry leaders must develop a new approach to building, managing and optimizing their single most valuable asset—their workforce.
Join Dr. Steven J. Davis of The University of Chicago, EPAY Systems and our Executive Roundtable as we explore potential solutions, while unveiling the results of a new industry-specific leadership survey.
Dr. Davis is Professor of International Business and Economics at The University of Chicago Booth School of Business. An applied economist, his areas of expertise include business dynamics, worker outcomes and economic uncertainty. Visiting Scholar at the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, his work has appeared in the American Economic Review, Journal of Political Economy, and Quarterly Journal of Economics as well as The Atlantic, Forbes, and Wall Street Journal.
Our panel of industry thought leaders include:
This discussion will include:
- A deep-dive of the survey results, which encompasses anticipated hiring/layoffs, cost-cutting strategies, health accommodations for workers, short-term priorities, and more.
- Costs and implications of rehiring and/or replacing workers—and cost-effective alternatives.
- Ways to minimize disruption to workforce productivity while the outbreak continues.
- Talent management strategies for insuring business continuity in the event of a second wave.
- Risk mitigation initiatives for service and manufacturing firms.
To better position your company—and workforce—to compete in the face of continued uncertainty. This is a rare opportunity to receive industry-specific intelligence from an influential economist focused on COVID-19, as well as leaders in your business sector, when it’s needed most.